Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who's the coward bashing Mark Reyland??

One of the dark sides of the internet is that jerk-offs can go online and commit character assassinations anonymously! A case in point is a blog written by some cowardly douche bag whose only purpose seems to be to bash the Executive Director of the United Inventors Association of America, Mark Reyland. This person accuses Mr. Reyland of stealing other people’s invention ideas and bashing Louis Foreman the creator and fearless leader of the Edison Nation cult! Oh really? Perhaps this anonymous coward should pay a visit to the USPTO website and look up all the pending patent applications in Louis Foreman’s name! Here’s the link:


Foreman has no less than TWENTY THREE patent applications pending including one entitled “FACILITATING COMMERCIALIZATION OF INNOVATIVE IDEAS”. Yeah, that’s right, he’s trying to patent his own way of co-opting the ideas of his loyal minions who readily pay him $25.00 for each one they submit. Wouldn’t it be great if we could see just how many people at Edison Nation have made more money from their invention submissions than it cost them? That is information is now required by law under the American Inventor’s Protection Act of 1999. Oh but wait, according to Louis Foreman’s toady Matt Spangard, EN has a team of lawyers making sure that they don’t cross that fuzzy line that would classify them as an invention promotion company, hence they’re not required to divulge that information! But wait, it gets even better. A quick search of the USPTO database shows a dozen patents already awarded in Louis Foreman’s name!


This is my challenge to the cowardly douche bag who loves to bash Mark Reyland: Why don’t you go ahead and post those links in the Edison Nation forums and ask who REALLY came up with those ideas!! But be careful though, a little dose of truth could easily get you kicked off their site!

2 comments:

  1. THE MARK REYLAND I KNOW


    I hope most people understand that you can’t believe everything you read on the internet, good or bad. While the World Wide Web is an amazing source of information only a click away, and a great way for people to get the truth out, it is also a tool for people with dark motives to attack the credibility of others to serve their own agenda.

    The following is a description of events that led to my introduction to Mr. Mark Reyland and The United Inventors Association.

    I recently hired a company called Absolutely New Inc to market my products. One of the major factors that I considered before I hired them is that they were accredited with the United Inventors Association. It wasn't long before I began wondering what I had gotten myself into. Serena Soo the coordinator handling my products was giving me marketing materials to proof that looked like they were prepared by a third grader.

    I pulled the contract that had been mailed to me out of the file to see if she was delivering the materials as promised. They were not. She was trying to pass off a one page concept sheet as the entire "marketing package". It was at this time that I discovered that a paragraph had been added to this last page of the contract that was sent to me by US mail that was not in the original contract that had been emailed to me by an employee named Dave Stickel.

    With a little research I discovered that the paragraph added was a disclosure required by the American Inventors Protection Act of 1999 as well as California Business and Professions code. Shortly after this I discovered that Serena Soo had lied to me about her attendance at the Chicago House Wares Show. I was having a difficult time trying to work through these issues with Absolutley New’s Legal Councel Tony Flores and CEO Richard Donat so I decided I was going to sue them.

    Before filing the suit I sent a demand letter. In response Absolutely New sent me a check for much less than my damages along with a letter full of mischaracterizations of the circumstances which were frankly insulting and untrue. However I decided to cash the check because after a little more research I found out that Absolutely New had been suspended by the Secretary of State. The suspension had been initiated by the Franchise Tax Board. This is done for one reason; failure to pay corporate taxes. I then filed papers with the Secretary to see Absolutely New's Surety Bond which is required by invention promotion firms in California and four other states. No Bond had been posted.

    So I cashed the check even though I had rock solid evidence of the fraud and breach of contract that had been committed. A judgement does you no good if a company has no money, which appeared to be the case, and a chance I couldn't take.

    The next thing I did was send a complaint to Mark Reyland of the United Inventors Association. Mr. Reyland called me the very next day. He was horrified about what had happened to me and assured me that the UIA would look into the matter and take the appropriate action if warranted. I have had several conversations with him and I can tell you that this man has integrity, he cares about the independent inventor, and he is on a mission to help clean up the industry of Invention Promotion
    Company's. He has kept me informed every step of the way as to the action taken by the UIA against Absolutely New and recently informed me that Absolutely New is turning in their resignation as a certified member. He has assured me that the UIA will do the same for any other inventor, if presented with credible evidence of wrong doing by one of its certified members. The blogs I read on this site appear to be unfounded and written by a people with an ax to grind for some reason or other and in know way represent The Mark Reyland I know.

    In closing, I wouldn't recommend AbsolutelyNew to my worst enemy if I had one, and my experience of Mark Reyland is a that he is a stand up guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven

    Please consider posting a comment in support of Mark at this link:

    http://inventoropinion.blogspot.com/2011/10/very-real-problem.html

    ReplyDelete